Jobs/Work Study


Part-time jobs related to epidemiology and biostatistics are often available with various faculty members.  Many job notices are e-mailed directly to students as they become available. You may even consider contacting a professor to enquire about paid employment.

Please note, foreign students may be eligible for employment on campus, but you will need to get a Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN). If you are a foreign student who has been offered on-campus employment, please contact the researchadmin.eboh [at] (Research Administrator).

Sometimes positions for course teaching assistants or graders are available for senior students in the department.  When available, notices will be e-mailed to students.  Students should also consult the Department’s website Employment section.

Students can also contact McGill University Career and Placement Service (CAPS).

  • There is a job listings database that can be accessed via the internet. To do this you first need to register in-person at the CAPS office, where you will be issued a username and password. 
  • In addition to posting jobs, the CAPS office also offers a whole array of services including career fairs, career counselling, and career development workshops. 
  • CAPS is located in the William & Mary Brown Student Service Building, 3600 McTavish St., Room 2200. Telephone: 514-398-3304. They are open Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm.
  • The CAPS website is

Work Study

A Work Study Program, which is run by the university Student Aid Office, provides part-time employment on campus for students registered full-time in a degree program.  To be accepted in the program a student must be in good academic standing and demonstrate financial need.  Students must submit a Work Study Application to the Student Aid Office by specific deadlines.  For more information regarding this program, for application deadlines, and for application packages go to the following website and follow the links ( or go to the Student Aid Office located in the William & Mary Brown Student Service Building, 3600 McTavish, Room 3200.  Telephone: 514-398-6013.


Back to top