Radiation survey meter suppliers

We recommend as a radiation survey meter, a unit that is equipped with an end-window or pancake probe capable of measuring radioactivity in milliroentgen per hour (mR/hr) or both mR/hr and counts per minute (cpm). If you have any questions on how to purchase a survey meter, contact the McGill Radiation Safety Officer at local 2245.

Eberline Units

Gamble Technologies Ltd.
6535 Millcreek Drive unit #58
Mississauga, ON
L5N 2M2
Phone: (905) 812-9200 (1-800-268-2735)
Fax: (905) 812-9203
info [at] gtl.ca

Mini Instruments & Bicron Units

Hillferdine Scientific Inc.
85 Denzil Doyle Court
Kanata, Ontario
K2M 2C8
Phone: (613) 591-5220
Fax: (613) 591-0713

Mini Instruments units, SE International units, Technical Associates units, Victoreen units, Nuclear Associates units, EG&G Berthold units, Dosimeter units, Bicron units, and Ludlum Units

CSP Medical
1055 Sarnia Road Unit B2
London, Ontario
N6H 5J9
Tel: 1-800-265-3460
Fax: (519)-473-2585

List of Radiation Survey Meter Repair Outlets

Radiation Measurement Systems
81 Romeo Crescent
Woodbridge, Ontario
L4L 7A2
Phone: (905) 858-5950

Repairs and calibration of many manufacturer models of survey meters

LCS (Lou Champagne Systems)
1195 North Service Road W.,
B6 Oakville Ontario
L6M 2W2
Phone: (905) 338-1176

Repairs and calibration of many manufacturer models of survey meters

Free calibration

Environmental Health & Safety provides calibration of radiation survey meters free of charge to McGill internal radioisotope permit holders in June and November. Survey meters must be calibrated every year. Contact the McGill RSO at local 2245 to make the necessary arrangements.

Back to top