Did you know that McGill is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion? In 2020, they created a 5-year Strategic Plan to increase Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion where we outline a vision of what we plan to accomplish.
McGill also has also amassed numerous resources available to all members of our community, some of which you can access here. Importantly, there are many resources available for support to our community. You can find many of them here.
There are many student organizations that are addressing issues concerning EDI. For example, STEMM Diversity at McGill is a student-driven initiative that promotes diversity in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Medicine.
Quick List of Resources
- Equity at McGill
- Equity in Research at McGill
- McGill’s EDI action plan: https://www.mcgill.ca/equity/files/equity/mcgill_strategic_edi_plan_2020-20251.pdf
- Anti-Racism resources at McGill
- Anti-Black resources at McGill
- Anti-Asian resources at McGill
- McGill’s anti-black racism plan: https://www.mcgill.ca/provost/files/provost/action_plan_to_address_anti-black_racism.pdf
- Online Videos for Talks & Film Screening: https://www.mcgill.ca/equity/resources/anti-black-racism-resources/anti-racism
- Information about parental leave for students and postdocs
- STEMM Diversity at McGill
- STEMNet Mentorship program
Are you interested in reaching out to the wider community? There are programs at McGill to do this, like Branches - McGill's Community Outreach Program
Have you experienced Harassment, discrimination, or sexual violence? Here is a list of resources to help support you:
To file a complaint: https://www.mcgill.ca/how-to-report/harassment-discrimination/make-complaint