Faculties select their nominees based on the same procedure used for external recruitment. Faculty selection committees are also encouraged to consider CFI and JELF commitments and similar strategic research objectives in planning use of chair vacancies.
Nominations received by the OPVPA from Faculty deans are reviewed by the Standing Internal Review Committee (SIRC). Nomination dossiers submitted to the SIRC should follow the requirements stated in the open calls published on the CRC Opportunities webpage. Any questions from the Faculties related to dossier submission can be sent to crc.provost [at] mcgill.ca. The SIRC then proceed with the review of applications and makes recommendations to the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic) as to which applications to go forward to Ottawa.
New application dossiers are to be prepared on CRC forms. A nominee’s complete dossier should include the following documents:
- Joint department chair and dean recommendation (for internal candidates only)
- CV Details and CV Documents
- CRC Supporting Documents for nominations (shortened)
- Recruitment Selection Committee Report *
* The Selection Committee Report is subject to audit by TIPS.