Associate Professor - Information Systems
BAgrSc, MAgrSc (Dublin)
Kevin Wade was born in Ireland, educated in Agricultural Sciences at University College Dublin (BScAgr, 1985; MScAgr, 1986), and obtained his PhD in Animal Breeding and Genetics from Cornell University (1990). Following a post-doctoral fellowship at the University of Guelph, he was hired in McGill’s Department of Animal Science to fill an NSERC-Industry-funded position in Dairy Information Systems (1992). Wade has served at various levels of administration at McGill (including the Faculty’s Director of Continuing Professional Development, a Board Member of Valacta, and as a University Senator). He served as Chair of the Department of Animal Science from 2007 - 2018.
- Director, Dairy Information Systems Group, 1995-present
- Chair, Macdonald Campus Committee on Information Technology, 2005-2007, 2007-2009
- Senator, McGill University, 1999-2002, 2005-2008, 2008-2011
- Board member, Valacta, 1995-2002, 2007-2009
Use of computer technologies to help dairy producers make the most of the data that are generated on their farms so that they can improve their management systems.
- Information systems in dairy cattle management
- The use of artificial intelligence in the development of on-farm decision support
- Data visualization techniques
- Large data set manipulation
Analysis of different profitability formulae as decision-making tools in Québec dairy herds.
Development of profitability analysis prototype with multidimensional benchmarks for dairy herds.
To view a list of current publications, please click here.