To be considered for the M.Sc. (Applied) program, the following components must be completed using the Uapply system by January 15th.
- Completion of the Graduate Admissions Online Application Apply online (Open as of October 1, 2014). Please take the time to read the important Graduate Admissions Procedures information preamble before completing the Online Application form.
- Prerequisites Form (uploaded via application checklist)
- CV (uploaded via application checklist)
- We have replaced our Letter of Intent with three specific questions to be answered online (via application checklist). You may read the questions here.
- Two recommendation letters. One recommendation should be completed by someone who can speak to your academic background and preparation, the other is to be completed by someone who can speak about your professionalism and potential as a clinician (e.g., a job, volunteer, or community service supervisor). See here for information about what will be asked of the referees. ONLY TWO RECOMMENDATION LETTERS (ONE ACADEMIC AND ONE PROFESSIONAL) WILL BE CONSIDERED, SO CHOOSE REVIEWERS WHO CAN BEST SPEAK ABOUT EACH SET OF QUALITIES. Your letter writers will be asked to identify themselves as professional or academic. Any additional letters will be deleted and will not help your application. On the electronic application form you must provide the names and email addresses of your referees. McGill will contact your referees and invite them to upload references on your behalf. Recommendation letters SHOULD NOT BE MAILED to the School of Communication Sciences and Disorders.
- Unofficial transcripts (from all universities attended). Once you are admitted, you will be required to supply official transcripts before enrolling for courses. Please note, we need all unofficial transcripts by the January 15th deadline. Please do NOT wait until you have grades for Fall 2014 courses.
- International applicants to graduate-level programs at McGill whose mother tongue is not English and who have not completed an undergraduate degree from a recognized institution where English is the language of instruction are required to submit documented proof of competency in oral and written English prior to admission via one of the following approved tests: the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 95 (internet-based, with a minimum component score of 24 in both Speaking and Writing and 21 in both Reading and Listening); or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum overall band score of 6.5.
Submission of Application Materials
As of October 2012, McGill’s formerly paper-based graduate application process has been replaced with a more convenient electronic version. For detailed instructions on how to apply and how to upload required supporting documents in the new version, please see:
Application Dates and Deadline
For M.Sc. (Applied) program starting September 2015:
- The opening date for fall 2015 applications starts on October 1, 2014.
- Application deadline is January 15, 2015.
- Please note all materials on the application checklist must be completed by January 15th for your application to be considered.
- Application fees and other charges are listed on the student accounts website.