For M.Sc. (Applied) program starting September:
- January 15
- September 15 - Applications are open
- January 15 - Application deadline
- Jan-March - Internal review of applications/selection process
- mid-March - Notice of acceptance sent to successful candidates
- mid-March - Prospective Student's Day
- early April - Deadline for students to accept/refuse offer of admission
June 1 – FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ONLY (see below for details) – must establish residence in Quebec by this date
- end August/early Sept - Orientation Day for new students/beginning of Fall semester
Follow this link for all materials required for application: Application materials.
Note: Earlier deadlines may apply if applying for scholarships & awards. Please visit the Office of Fellowships and Awards site for further information.
Important change affecting applicants to the M.Sc (Applied) program from outside of Quebec:
Criminal background checks are required to go on clinical placements in public settings (e.g., in daycares, schools, hospitals). Due to recent changes in Quebec law surrounding the process to obtain criminal background checks, students must be resident in Quebec before applying for a Quebec background check, which is now the only type accepted. It currently takes 3 - 4 months to get the results of the background check, and this time is expected to increase with delays resulting from this change. In order to be able to go on placement in January/second semester of the first year, it is imperative that criminal background check applications be placed on September 1st when students start the program.
1. For Canadian students from outside of Quebec, the application can be made on September 1st once students have a Montreal address.
2. For non-Canadian International students, the application can only be submitted after 3 months of residence in Quebec are completed. Because of the time it takes to obtain a student visa, international applicants to the M.Sc. (Applied) will not be accepted unless they are already resident in Quebec at the time of acceptance, or can show that they will be resident by June 1st.