Many of our alumni have asked us how they can get involved in Student Life and Learning at the Faculty. Similarly, our students are eager to reach out to accomplished alumni all over the world. In response, we have put together a full menu of options to connect you with McGill Law students!
(NOTA BENE: IF YOU ARE A 2L Law student, go here: McGill Law mentorship program instead)
Le Réseau d’expertise en droit est une façon originale et enrichissante de partager vos connaissances, votre cheminement personnel et votre expertise professionnelle.
This form contains six sections and completing it should take no more than 10 minutes. Your answers can be saved as a draft, so you can edit them before submitting the form. The information you enter will be used solely by the Faculty of Law for the purpose of matching you to the right students and Faculty events.
Please use the Next Page and Previous Page buttons to navigate the form.
- Alumni Mentor: Share your advice on academic success, careers, work/life balance and diversity issues with a 2nd year student for the 2013-2014 academic year. Read our Alumni Mentor Guidelines to find out more.
- Exchange and summer student host: Every year, the Faculty sends 60-70 BCL/LLB students on exchange to its partner universities, including Sciences Po, University of Hong Kong, University of Melbourne and many more. Students also pursue summer internships and positions across Canada and around the world. Why not connect with McGill Law students to show them around your town?
- Career event guest: Whether you work a few streets away from us or would like a wonderful excuse to visit Montreal, join us for a Career Day, cocktail, workshop or alumni panel. As you know, our students’ diverse career interests cover every area of law and type of practice, including non-law options.
- Guest lecturer: Our professors often invite alumni into the classroom to deliver a lecture. Add your name to our list and indicate your interests.
- Moot judge: Every Winter, 2nd year students prepare to plead their first case. Join our pool of volunteer judges and help prepare our next generation of lawyers for the courtroom.
- Admissions Ambassador: Share your McGill Law experience and perspective with newly admitted students and help them choose McGill Law. Meet with prospective students when recruitment activities are taking place near you.
- McGill Law clinical legal education partner: Would your organization like to host an intern from the Legal Clinic Program, Centre for Human Rights and Pluralism or a student enrolled in our Major in Commercial Negotiation and Dispute Resolution?
- McGill Law employer: Are you looking to take on McGill Law summer or part-time students, stagiaires/articling students or recent alumni? We would be happy to help you advertise your opportunities.