TISED's main research activities include:
- The Innovative Solutions for Planetary Health program, jointly offered by TISED and the Global Health Program, provides seed funding for interdisciplinary research in the area of global health and engineering
- Two Faculty Scholar Awards support sustainability in engineering and design research and provide funding to PhD students
- The Research Workshop program supports research and policy-related outreach and publications
- The Scholar-in-Residence program and visiting professorhsips bring in prominent scholars form outside McGill and foster collaboration
- The Trottier Chair in Sustainability in Engineering and Design drives research leadership at TISED and the Faculty of Engineering
TISED works partly to benefit McGill professors,graduate and undergraduate students alike, enabling positive change in the world. Funding for TISED includes an Endowed Chair, a Scholars-in-Residence program, administrative support for teaching and research projects, Faculty Scholar Awards to attract and retain outstanding junior professors, master's and doctoral fellowships, "Summer Undergraduate Research in Engineering" (SURE) awards, and support for undergraduate student competitions and design projects.
Some of TISED's activities rely on donors' matching funds. If you would like more information about the Trottier Matching Funds program, please contact McGill Engineering Development Director, Krish Dasgupta at: 514-398-2016 or krishanu.dasgupta [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Trottier%20Matching%20Funds%20program) .