Changing Programs within Selected Faculties

Changing Programs within Selected Faculties

If you are registered in a program in one of the following faculties/units, you may add or change programs within your faculty using Minerva ( under the Student Records Menu:

  • Arts
  • Bachelor of Arts & Science
  • Kinesiology (minor program selection only)
  • Management
  • Science

Certain restrictions apply. In all cases, you should consult the appropriate advisor for approval before making any changes and for faculty-specific regulations concerning program changes. Further information is also available on the Changing Programs web page.

You are not permitted to use Minerva to change your degree or to select a program in another faculty or school.

Note for Arts, Science, or B.A. & Sc. freshman/foundation year programs (97 or more credits): You cannot change your freshman/foundation year program on Minerva, but may change options within your program where options are available. Once you have been promoted from the freshman/foundation year, you will be able to change departmental programs using Minerva as outlined in the note below.
Note for Arts, Science*, or B.A. & Sc. degree (96 or fewer credits): You may change major/major concentrations, minor/minor concentrations or faculty programs using Minerva. You may also change into, or out of, an honours program. Some restrictions apply.

* Science students are limited to choosing majors or honours programs within the Science group to which they were admitted, but may continue to choose freely from all available minor programs. To change to a major or honours program in another Science group, students must submit an Intra-Faculty Transfer application; see

Note for Desautels Faculty of Management: You may add or change certain programs using Minerva. Please verify restrictions with the BCom Office (
Note for Faculty of Education (B.Ed. Secondary program): You may add, drop, or change majors using Minerva.
Note for Faculty of Law: The addition of a major or minor must be approved by the Student Affairs Office; you will be blocked from making any program changes on Minerva.
Note for Schulich School of Music: To change or to add a music major, students must submit an Intra-Faculty Transfer application on Minerva before the assigned deadlines. For specific program details, refer to the School's Program Transfer and Readmission web page. B.Mus. students who wish to add a major in another faculty can refer to the School's Double Majors and Double Degrees web page. B.Mus. students can also pursue a music or a non-music minor alongside their degree. A few music minors are open to students from other faculties. Visit the Music Minor Programs website for more information:
Programs, Courses and University Regulations—2024-2025 (last updated Apr. 3, 2024) (disclaimer)
Programs, Courses and University Regulations—2024-2025 (last updated Apr. 3, 2024) (disclaimer)
Back to top