Experimental Surgery : The process of surgical innovation and hands-on skills necessary to work within a multi-disciplinary team in the creation of a novel, need driven, and marketable prototype used in the care of the surgical patient. This is second of a 3 part course introducing concepts and performing needs analyses focusing on the hospital environment and the close contact with its structure and patients.
Terms: Fall 2023
Instructors: Aoude, Ahmed (Fall)
Corequisite: EXSU 620
Prerequisite: Permission of instructor.
Restriction: Course requires entry to surgical theatre; this is subject to hospital approval.
1) Students may be subject to interview.
2) Language of instruction: English, French available.
3) Minimum number 6, maximum 30
4) Subject to completion of medical/immunization record.
5) Professional conduct and dress required at all times in hospital visits when in potential contact with patients.