You must login to view this form.
**You will need to use your McGill Username and Password. If you require assistance, please contact the McGill IT Help Desk.
This form is for postdocs who wish to submit an application for a Quebec Tax Exemption Eligibility Certificate for 2020-2021.
International postdocs who have not resided in Canada prior to the start of their postdoctoral research appointment at McGill University, and who meet the following conditions may qualify for a Quebec Tax Exemption:
- are specialized in the field of pure or applied science or a related field
- have assumed postdoctoral responsibilities after March 31, 1998 as a postdoctoral fellow in an eligible organization under a contract of employment
- have not resided in Canada immediately prior to the start of their postdoctoral fellowship
- hold a PhD or its equivalent, as recognized by a Quebec university, for less than 5 years at the time of hiring
- are a postdoc and engaged in functions exclusively or almost exclusively in the field of expertise at the home organization for all or part of the tax year referred to as the targeted year (2020)
This form and its supporting documentation will be submitted to the Ministry of Education, for evaluation and decision. The University’s deadline to submit all applications is March 1, 2021 at the latest. Note that the Ministry will only review these applications after this date and send their decision to the University in April 2021.
IF SUBMITTING MULTIPLE DOCUMENTS FOR ONE DOCUMENT TYPE (E.G. TWO LETTERS OF AGREEMENT) YOU MUST COMBINE THEM INTO ONE PDF.
This form will close on Friday, February 19, 2021