- BA(Hons) Health Studies and Archaeology (Queen's University)
- MScOT (University of Western Ontario)
- Doctorate of Occupational Therapy (Temple University)
- Graduate Certificate in Hand and Upper Quarter Rehabilitation (Drexel University)
- Graduate Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education (Temple University)
- PhD Integrated Studies in Education (in progress) (McGill University)
- POTH 250 Introduction to Professional Practice
- OCC1 545 Therapeutic Strategies in Occupational Therapy 1
- OCC1 549 Therapeutic Strategies in Occupational Therapy 2
- OCC1 620 Work and Ergonomics
- POTH-563 Foundations of Professional Practice (Guest Lecturer)
- POTH-664 Neuroscience and Behavioural Perspectives of Pain (Guest Lecturer)
- POTH-665 Interdisciplinary Management of Chronic Pain (Guest Lecturer)
- POTH-624 Master's Project (master's projects supervisor)
- OCC1 501 OT Clinical Practicum I
- OCC1 502 OT Clinical Practicum II
- OCC1 503 OT Clinical Practicum III
- OCC1 602 OT Clinical Practicum IV
- OCC1-500 OT Pre-Clinical Seminars
- OCC1-600 OT Pre-Clinical Seminars
- OCC1-548 Holistic Approaches in Occupational Therapy
- POTH-635 Enabling Upper Extremity Function (Guest Lecturer)
- PPHS-511 Fundamentals of Global Health (Guest Lecturer)
My current clinical practice areas include hand and upper limb rehabilitation, return to work rehabilitation, ergonomics and home assessments.
My current research interests include rights-focused healthcare practice/education and the use of critical pedagogies in healthcare education.
My office (virtual, currently) is an an open space where all are welcome to share ideas. Come in and let's learn and debate together!
“Do the best you can until you know better, then when you know better, do better." - Maya Angelou
Journal Articles (Peer Reviewed)
Caluori, C., Steinberg, E. & Grenier, M.L. (Forthcoming). Chronic migraines in working-age adults: the role of occupational therapy. OT Now, accepted.
Khau, S. & Grenier, M.L. (Forthcoming). Promoting occupational engagement in adolescents and young adults living with narcolepsy. OT Now, accepted
Grenier, M.L. (2021). Patient case formulations and oppressive disability discourses in occupational therapy education. Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy, In Press. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/00084174211005882 View associated webinar presentation here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MKyTUji2OE&feature=youtu.be
Grenier, M.L., Roy, L. and Zafran, H. (2020). Pedagogical approaches in teaching for diversity in occupational therapy education: a scoping review. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 74(6), 1-15.
Grenier, M.L. (2020). Cultural competency and the reproduction of white supremacy in occupational therapy education. Health Education Journal, 79(6),633-644. View associated webinar presentation here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY2tqYgx-C4&feature=youtu.be
Stafford, A. and Grenier, M.L. (2020). The role of occupational therapy in supporting adults with ADD/ADHD. OT Now, 22(1), 17-18.
Thede, R. and Grenier, M.L. (2019). Promoting occupational health in children with epilepsy: The (new?) role of occupational therapy. OT Now, 21(3), 18-19.
Grenier, M.L. and Shankland, B. (2019). The use of static progressive orthoses in the management of elbow contractures following complex fracture-dislocation injuries: a pediatric case study. American Journal of Hand Therapy, 33(1), 127-133.
Chinchalkar, S.J., Larocerie-Salgado, J., Cepek, J. and Grenier, M.L.. (2018). The Use of Dynamic Assist Orthosis for Muscle Re-Education Following Brachial Plexus Injury and Reconstruction. Journal of Hand and Microsurgery, 10(3), 172-177.
Grenier, M.L., Mendonca, R., Dalley, P. (2016). The effectiveness of orthoses in the conservative management of thumb CMC joint osteoarthritis: an analysis of functional pinch strength. American Journal of Hand Therapy, 29(3), 307-313.
Grenier, M.L. (2015). The impact of brain drain in underserved countries: implementing a global ethical leadership approach. International Journal of Migration, Health and Social Care, 11(3), 1-5.
Grenier, M.L. (2015). Facilitators and barriers to learning in occupational therapy fieldwork education: student perspectives. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 69(5), 1-9.
Crosby, C.A., Reitz, J.L., Mester, E.A. and Grenier, M.L. (2013). Rehabilitation following thumb CMC, radiocarpal, and DRUJ arthroplasty. Hand Clinics, February; 29(1): 123-142
Grenier, M.L., Chinchalkar, S.J. and Pipicelli, J.G. (2012). Static progressive orthosis for patients with limited radial and/or ulnar deviation: an innovative orthotic design. American Journal of Hand Therapy, October; 25(4): 425-428.
Book Reviews (Peer Reviewed)
Grenier, M.L. (2021). [Review of the book Learning through community engagement: vision and practice in higher education, by J. Sachs and L. Clark]. McGill Journal of Education, In Press
Online Publications (Non Peer-Reviewed)
Slanik, M. & Grenier, M.L. (2020, March 23). Adapting to the Shift to Working and Learning from Home. McGill Reporter, p. 1. Retrieved from https://reporter.mcgill.ca/the-shift-to-working-and-learning-from-home/
Black, Asian & Minority Ethnicities Occupational Therapy Practitioners Students & Educators Network. (March, 2021). "Let's talk white supremacy and occupational therapy". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kZ77S-inyI