The development phase of the program began in May 2016. This phase included:
- Developing the program vision and goals
- Benchmarking of undergraduate programming at comparative Canadian and American universities
- Conducting literature reviews and background research
- Building on-campus partnerships
- Establishing decision-making protocols
The partnerships phase of the program began in January 2017. This phase included:
- Development of program content
- Establishment of new partnerships
- Development of the program identity, including the program name and graphics
- Development of evaluation strategies
- Integration of the co-curricular record into program offerings
- Implementation of communication strategies
- Collection of feedback from program partners
SKILLS21 launched on September 1, 2017.
Since then, over 3000 students have registered for the program!
This is just the beginning for SKILLS21. In addition to acquiring knowledge through workshops, we believe that reflection and knowledge creation are crucial for skill development. Opportunities for such activities are currently in development and will be launched in the near future.