Director, History of McGill Project, 2003-
Email: peter.mcnally [at] mcgill.ca (peter.mcnally-at-mcgill.ca)
Abbreviated CV [.pdf]
Abridged Curriculum Vitae
For additional information, please refer to the CV, above.
MA (History), McGill University. Research Paper: "The McGill University Magazine, 1901-1906; an Evaluation and a Bio-bibliographical Analysis.";
MLS, Graduate School of Library Science, McGill University;
BLS, Graduate School of Library Science, McGill University;
BA (Honours History), University of Western Ontario
- 1985- Executive-Secretary, James McGill Society
- 1980- Convenor. Library History Interest Group of the Canadian Library Association
- 1999-2002, President. Bibliographical Society of Canada
- 2002, Distinguished Service Award, McGill Alumni Association
- 2002, Queen's Golden Jubilee Medal
- 2010 - Anne Galler Award. L’Association des bibliothécaires du Québec/Quebec Library Association.
- History of McGill University
- History of Books, Printing, and Libraries
Selected research activities
- History of McGill University, v. III, 1970-2002
- Redpath-Siemens Science Collection, an Analysis
- Judge Robert Mackay Legal Collection, an Analysis
Selected publications & presentations
Readings in Canadian Library History . Edited by Peter F. McNally. Ottawa , Canadian Library Association, 1986. vi, 258p.
Readings in Canadian Library History 2 . Edited by Peter F. McNally. Ottawa , Canadian Library Association, 1996. vi, 407 p.
"McGill's Role within Canadian Higher Education." in Knowledge Matters: Essays in honour of Bernard J. Shapiro , edited by Paul Axelrod. Montreal, McGill-Queen`s University Pr., 2004. p. 16-24.
"Academic Libraries." in History of the Book in Canada, v. III, 1918-1980, edited by Yvan Lamonde et al. Toronto University of Toronto Press, 2007. p. 439-445. (French language version appeared as: "Les bibliothèques universitaires." in Histoire du livre et de l’imprimé au Canada, v. III, 1918-1980, p. 462-470.) (with Marcel Lajeunesse)
McGill Milestones, 1744-2007. Montreal, McGill University, 2007. 32p.
"Sir William Osler, the Bibliotheca Osleriana and the Creation of a History of Medicine Collection." Library History, v. 23, no. 2 (June, 2007) p. 97-115. (with Glenn Brown and Nicolas Savard).
"Western Canadiana at McGill University: the Formation of a Rare Book Collection." Libraries & the Cultural Record: Exploring the History of Collections of Recorded Knowledge, v. 43, no. 2 (Spring, 2008) p. 176-192.
Quebec Library Association: an Historical Overview, 1932-2007/L’Association des bibliothéciares du Québec: un survol historique, 1932-2007. Montreal, L’Association des bibliothecaires du Quebec Library Association, 2009. iv, 31, iv, 32p. (with Rosemary Cochrane)
Please view CV at page top for additional details.