The Graduate Mobility Award encourages graduate students to study and conduct research abroad as part of their McGill degree program by defraying part of the cost of the international experience. The award, funded by the Government of Quebec, is available to all full-time students enrolled in a graduate degree program at McGill who have been approved by their academic unit and Faculty to take part in a mobility opportunity. The mobility award is meant to contribute towards the completion of the student’s thesis or research project. A limited number of awards are available each year on a competitive basis.
- Up to $1,500 per month (prorated), up to 8 months.
- Students' activities abroad funded by this Mobility program cannot exceed 8 months per degree.
- The 8 months can be used in one activity, or by combining several travel activities.
How to apply
Follow these instructions on the GPS website carefully and then submit the application to gradstudies.science [at] mcgill.ca for review. Here is an overview of the process:
- Make sure you are eligible and are applying at least 10 weeks before your departure date to meet the GPS deadline.
- Complete a Graduate Mobility Award application form. Make sure to provide adequate detail and justification in the form, and complete all tasks required in the checklist. Get the application signed by your Supervisor and Graduate Program Director.
- Compile the completed form and all supporting documents into a single PDF named: GMA_2022_23_LASTNAME_Firstname.
- To get the Associate Dean's approval and signature, please submit the completed PDF to gradstudies.science [at] mcgill.ca for review.
- If approved, you will then submit your signed application to GPS here for approval of your budget and to receive the funds.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and, if approved, signed by the Faculty Associate Dean and returned to you for final submission to GPS.
- To ensure your application can be reviewed in time to meet the GPS deadline, please submit your completed application to the Faculty of Science (gradstudies.science [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Graduate%20Mobility%20Award) ) at least 10 weeks before your departure date.
- Note GPS has blackout periods between April 14 – May 15, and between July 15 – September 1. Applications will not be processed during these dates.
Contact your Graduate Program Coordinator or Graduate Program Director for further details or email gradstudies.science [at] mcgill.ca.