Applications must contain the following 2 elements, submitted individually as PDF files:
1. Application Form
- All application documents must be typed.
- You are encouraged to provide as much detail as possible.
- All sections must be completed.
- Electronic signatures are accepted.
- Only PDF format documents accepted.
Applications will not be considered if:
- They don't comply with the QI2 Terms of Reference.
- Proposed projects already receiving funding from another source will not be considered.
- Incomplete applications or those that do not follow the required format will unfortunately not be considered.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Applications submitted in whole or in part, or emailed directly to RCN officers or McGill personnel will not be considered.
2. Project Proposal
- Word Document
- Page set up: letter standard, 8.5 x 11 inches, 1-inch margins, single-spaced text, principal applicant’s last name in right header, page number in right footer.
- Font and character size: Arial, 12 point
- Mandatory sections to be covered:
a) Project Description, Background and Purpose: (Max 2 pages)
- Background - what is the problem you wish to address?
- Proposed intervention - what do you plan on doing?
- Rationale - how will your intervention address the problem? How will it impact patient care across the RCN?
- Partnership proposed - outline team composition at a minimum of two RCN institutions (JGH, MUHC, SMHC).
- Assessment - how will you assess success of your intervention (specific details)?
b) Sustainability Plan: (Max 0.5 page)
- Describe your vision of how the quality improvement will be sustained once the project ends.
c) Problem / Opportunity Statement: (Max 0.5 page)
- In layperson terms, please specify what problem and/or opportunity for quality improvement the application addresses.
Applications will be accepted until June 24th at 11:59 PM.
QI2 - Documents
Please dowload the file to complete application:
To download the Terms of Reference:
For specific enquiries or for assistance in completing the application form and other project related questions, contact the following RCN personnel:
- For questions about uploading your application, contact RCN Administrator, Susan Lamoureux at:
susan.lamoureux [at] mcgill.ca -or- 514-742-7062
- For general information about the QI2 initiative, contact RCN Director of Operations, Tony Teti at:
tony.teti [at] mcgill.ca -or- 514-653-2718