The program is capped at 22 students. Only current undergraduate students can participate in the program. Selection to the program is based on academic performance, and character references. Students must be able and willing to work within groups. Selection may also reflect the program's goal of having a balanced interdisciplinary student body.
2022 Application is OPEN. Deadline to submit - SEPT 13 (Monday), 2021
HISP 218 Spanish Lang Intens-Elem 6 Credits
Offered in the:HISP 210 Spanish Language:Beginners 6 Credits
Offered in the:
MATH 203 Principles of Statistics 1 3 Credits
Offered in the:
- CGPA of 3.0 and higher is recommended. The program is aimed at 400-level (final year undergraduate) students.
- Apply to the Panama Field Study Semester. You must submit the following documents:
• Panama Field Study Semester application web form
• Letter of intent (maximum length: 2 pages; can be written in French or English) - PDF format only;
• C.V. (can be written in French or English) - PDF format only;
• Official or unofficial university transcript - PDF format only.
- Send your complete Panama Field Study Semester application to (instructions on the web form): ifso.science [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Panama%20application) (Internships and Field Studies Office)
Applications are assessed by the Panama Field Study Semester professors against multiple subjective criteria, including the following:
- Cumulative grade point average;
- Program and year of study;
- Proficiency in Spanish;
- Successful completion of an appropriate course in statistics;
- A careful reading of the applicant's letter of intent.
The pool of applicants varies from year to year, because of this, the relative weighting of these criteria may also vary from year to year.
Letter of Intent - please make sure to indicate if you will be taking MATH 203 (or equivalent) or a Spanish language course before the PFSS Program begins.