- HISP 218 Spanish Lang Intens-Elem or HISP 210 Spanish Language:Beginners or equivalent proficiency;
- MATH 203 Principles of Statistics 1 or equivalent;
- CGPA of 3.0 and higher is recommended. The program is aimed at 400-level (final year undergraduate) students.
Enrolment of McGill students is limited to 26 students.
Applicants should submit:
- Panama Application Form.pdf (please fill the form on line and then print);
- Letter of intent (maximum length: 2 pages; can be written in French or English);
- C.V. (can be written in French or English);
- Official or unofficial university transcript.
Send your CFSIA application by mail or email to:
Internships & Field Studies Office
McGill University, Faculty of Science
408 Dawson Hall
853 Sherbrooke St. West
Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 0G5
internshipsfieldstudies [dot] science [at] mcgill [dot] ca (subject: PFSS-Application) (Email)
Applications are assessed by the Panama Field Study Semester professors against multiple subjective criteria, including the following:
- Cumulative grade point average;
- Program and year of study;
- Proficiency in Spanish;
- Successful completion of an appropriate course in statistics;
- A careful reading of the applicant's letter of intent.
Because the pool of applicants varies from year to year, the relative weighting of these criteria may also vary from year to year.