– Registrations for the Fall 2020 iteration of SciLearn have now closed. –
McGill offers lots of resources to help you in your studies, but how can you make the best use of them to boost your own learning?
SciLearn is a new program to support incoming McGill science students’ transition to learning at the university level, with a focus on the challenges and opportunities that remote learning presents.
In five online meetings over the Fall 2020 semester, you will hear from learning experts and chat with fellow first-year students to explore various independent learning strategies and find the ones that work best for you.
Inspired by a citizen science model, SciLearn positions you as both a participant AND co-investigator. Together, we will gather data and analyze it using key concepts and findings from neuroscience. Through this process, you will learn more about how your own brain works and make an active contribution to research on science education.
Welcome to SciLearn at McGill!
- Tuesday Sept 22, 12-1:30pm or 8-9:30pm
- Tuesday Oct. 6, 12-1:30pm or 8-9:30pm
- Tuesday Oct. 20, 12-1:30pm or 8-9:30pm
- Tuesday Nov. 3., 12-1:30pm or 8-9:30pm
- Tuesday Nov. 17, 12-1:30pm or 8-9:30pm