The Faculty of Medicine of McGill University conducts world class innovative research at a number of locations on Campus and in the affiliated Research Institutes of the McGill University Health Centre, the Douglas Hospital, and Sir Mortimer Davis Jewish General Hospital and our papers are cited more often than those from any other Canadian University. Our Faculty consists of over 2000 Investigators, 1100 Graduate Students, 600 Postdoctoral Fellows and 800 Residents.
Our mandate at the Faculty Research Office is to:
- Support top quality faculty members in securing research funding and salary support awards
- Secure and support world-class research infrastructure
- Build and support synergies between disciplines and with other Faculties throughout McGill
- Communicate with government and industry stakeholders to create, maintain and enrich research partnerships
- Ensure the ethical conduct of research and adherence to research policies and procedures
- Support faculty members in research and lab management
- Foster and create research partnerships with other universities in Canada and around the world
- Profile the extraordinary research talent and world-class programs at McGill
- Assist faculty members in developing proposals for strategic research initiatives, including the Canada Foundation for Innovation and Canada Research Chairs program
- Facilitate invention disclosures and intellectual property agreements and safeguard the rights of researchers and the university.