The aim of the CQDPCM code of ethics is to safeguard the integrity of CPD activities from the influence of sponsoring organizations that could lead to bias. Accordingly, when developing and planning a CPD activity to be certified with Mainpro+ credits and will be held in Quebec, ensure to appoint the two (2) following Committees:
The Scientific Planning Committee (SPC): must include a member of the target audience. The SPC cannot include representative(s) of commercial interests. As an independent body, the SPC ensures compliance with the methodical approach to education and is responsible for all decisions linked to the CPD activity.
The SPC is responsible for the content:
- Independent and unrelated to the granting agency
- Methodical approach towards education
- Member of the target audience (mandatory)
- Other health care professional who can contribute to the developing the content
- Administrative staff of a physician organization
- Medical writer or other consultant
The Organizing Planning Committee (OPC): is responsible for planning, implementing and managing a CPD activity. The OPC may interact with the Scientific Planning Committee, however, has no decision making authority regarding the content and the selection of resource persons linked to the CPD activity.
The OPC is responsible for the logistics:
- Activity Management: promotion, venue, catering, etc...
- Administrative staff
- Members of the scientific planning committee
- Medical education company or other consultant