The Office for Continuing Professional Development supports physician learners in caring for their patients and communities by sustaining their competence in the CanMEDS roles. The Office accomplishes this by:
- Accrediting and developing a variety of educational activities based on the principles of lifelong learning and continuous quality improvement, as well as prevailing standards
- Coaching providers, educators and learners across the educational continuum regarding principles of CPD;
- Enabling clinicians to assess their practice and tailor their CPD plan accordingly;
- Fostering collaborative learning within interprofessional/interdisciplinary teams;
- Conducting scholarly research informed by and contributing to evidence-based practices in CPD.
By 2025, the Office for Continuing Professional Development of the McGill University Faculty of Medicine will be recognized nationally and internationally as a hub of expertise and innovation in lifelong learning, by supporting the deliberate practice of physicians within a competency-based framework, including their role within interprofessional/interdisciplinary teams, with the aim of contributing to the health of individuals and populations through excellence in care.
Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
By viewing the material on this site you understand and accept that:
- The opinions and statements expressed on this site reflect the views of the author or authors and do not necessarily reflect those of McGill.
- The hosting of material on the McGill CPD site does not signify endorsement of this material by McGill.
- The material is solely for educational purposes for qualified health care professionals.
- McGill University is not liable for any decision made or action taken based on the information contained in the material on this site.
- The information cannot be used as a substitute for professional care.
- The information does not represent a standard of care.
- No physician-patient relationship is being established.