The Leadership Development Program is designed for faculty members of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at McGill University. It is geared towards those for whom leadership forms part of their current or future career trajectory. Participants will have an opportunity to work on their own leadership challenges and should be in a position to implement their new skills in the workplace upon completion of the Program.
Upon completion of this Program, participants will be able to:
- Identify their goals as leaders in the health professions and discuss ways of achieving these goals
- Analyze their own leadership styles and consider how style influences practice, using different models of leadership and change
- Apply a framework for analyzing change to specific situations in their own professional contexts
- Identify different conflict management styles and negotiation strategies
- Describe an approach to establishing and leading effective teams
- Discuss key issues related to organizational development and strategic planning that apply to the McGill context
The next LDP is scheduled for May 6 to May 9th, 2024.
The application process is now open. The firm deadline for applying is February 29, 2024.
*Images by Photographer Owen Egan and the FacDev Team.