Ph.D. McGill University
M.ASc. University of Toronto
B.ASc. Queen's University
MECH 242: Mechanics 2
MECH 412: System Dynamics and Control
MECH 532: Aircraft Performance, Stability and Control
- E. Bulka and M. Nahon, 2019, 'Automatic Control for Aerobatic Maneuvering of Agile Fixed-Wing UAVs, Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Vol. 93, No. 1-2, pp. 85-100.
- J. Levin, A. Paranjape and M. Nahon, 2018, 'Sideslip and Slipstream in Extreme Maneuvering with Fixed-Wing Unmanned Aerial Vehicles', AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics, Vol. 41, No. 7, pp. 1610-1616.
- M. Al-Solihat and M. Nahon, 2016, 'Stiffness of Slack and Taut Moorings', Ships and Offshore Structures, Vol. 11, No. 8, pp. 890-904.
- W. Khan and M. Nahon, 2015, 'Development and Validation of a Propeller Slipstream Model for Small Unmanned Aerial Vehicles', AIAA Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 52, No.6, pp. 1985-1994.
- Dynamics/control of cable actuation (systems actuated using cables, such as robots, cranes, elevators, etc.)
- Dynamics and control of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
- Motion planning and obstacle avoidance for UAVs
- Dynamics and control of underwater vehicles
Fundamental: Dynamics and control of mechanical systems. Motion measurement. Cable dynamics. Vehicle dynamics. Aeronautical: Dynamics and control of tethered aerostats, towed instruments, autonomous vehicles, aircraft. Motion measurement using accelerometers, rate gyros, GPS. Underwater: Dynamics and control of ROVs, AUVs, towed vehicles. Robotics: Kinematics, dynamics, control of parallel mechanisms, with emphasis on flight simulator platforms. Contact force determination in the simulation of multibody systems.