Canada urgently needs to increase housing supply and transitional supports for veterans | The Globe and Mail
August 1, 2023 | The article in The Globe and Mail provides highlights from the report created by Taylor Chase, Alison Clement, Sandrine Desforges and Anmol Gupta for Canada’s Federal Housing Advocate as part of the Policy Lab 2023. There is a lack of leadership when it comes to veteran housing, which is split between several federal departments with no central co-ordination. They also warn that the federal government does not have a clear picture of the problem because it is not adequately tracking veterans and their housing status.
The article quotes Alison Clement “It has to start with the basics and that’s connecting to all veterans, that’s increasing communication and it’s really taking a preventative approach,”
The Policy Lab report received other mentions in the media including an op-ed and several different interviews.
- Listen to Alison Clement's live radio interview at QR Calgary with Sue Deyell.
- Listen to Anmol Gupta's live radio interview at Good Morning Hamilton with Rick Zamperin on 900CHML Global News (search for August 2nd, 7:20AM)
- Liston to the live radio interview by Sandrine Desforges at Mornings with Simi on 980CKNW Global News. Global News: https://lnkd.in/eTkPh6Nf
- Read their collaborative op-ed article that talks about the hidden crisis within Canada's broader housing challenges.
- Listen to Ottawa Morning with Robyn Bresahan to hear more about the crisis and how the report highlights this problem.