We conduct behavioral (e.g., eye-tracking) and, less frequently, neuroimaging (e.g., ERP, MRI) experiments to investigate the following questions:
- How do bilinguals resolve within-language and cross-language ambiguity during written and spoken language comprehension?
- How do individual differences in executive function, and other capacities, constrain language comprehension and production?
- Is bilingual experience and ability associated with structural and functional brain changes in younger and older adults?
- How do first and second language users learn, represent and process figurative language?
- What sociolinguistic factors impact first and second language processing?
- How do neuropathological/neurodevelopmental conditions (e.g., schizophrenia, dyslexia) affect language processes such as skilled reading?
Back to top