IT equipment

Before you submit a myLab request to have your old IT equipment picked up for disposal, policy dictates that you contact IT Customer Services (ICS), if you have a service agreement, or your local IT department to have the drives wiped, and to determine eligibility for reuse.

You should also contact your asset steward or ICS, if you have a service agreement, and provide the serial numbers (sometimes called an asset tag or service tag) to ensure that the inventory database is updated appropriately.

Once those steps have been completed, you can submit a universal waste disposal request in myLab request to have HWM pick up your equipment.

Green metal crate filled with old desktops that will be shipped to recycle.

Back to top