Dr. Knäuper is the James McGill Professor of Health Psychology in the Department of Psychology at McGill University.
Her research focuses on determinants of health self-management and mechanisms of health behavior change. She develops theory-based behavioral intervention programs in the areas of eating, physical activity, and medication adherence.
Bärbel Knäuper, PhD
James McGill Professor
Email: barbel.knauper [at] mcgill.ca
- 1999, “Habilitation” (Dr. phil. habil.) in psychology, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany.
- 1995-1996, Postdoctoral training, Survey Research Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA.
- 1994, Doctor of Philosophy (Dr. phil.) in psychology and sociology, Universität Mannheim, Germany.
- 1990, Diploma in psychology (Diplom-Psychologin), Universität Mannheim, Germany, after training in psychology and business administration at the Universities of Göttingen and Mannheim, Germany.
- Her research is funded by grants from the Canadian Foundation for Innovation (CFI), the Social Science and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), the Canadian Institutes for Health Research (CIHR), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and the Fonds de Recherche en Santé du Québec (FRSQ).