As graduate students, you know best what your needs are, and GPS is here to empower you to meet those needs.
Graduate students in the Schulich School of Music, Faculties of Arts, Law, or Education are eligible for up to $1500 in funding for student led initiatives at McGill that address one or both of the following:
- Connectivity and community building between graduate students
- Professional development that will benefit academic or post-degree career advancement for a group/community of graduate students.
Examples of projects that are eligible for funding include discussion groups, cultural or educational social outings, invited speaker series, podcasts, workshops, industry events, professional skills training, social activities and more! To see what events are already happening at McGill, visit myInvolvement.
Applications are due October 15, 2023
- The lead organizer must be a graduate student in the Faculties of Arts, Music, Education or Law. (Projects should primarily benefit students in these faculties. Other organizers may be faculty members or graduate students from other faculties/departments).
- Projects must benefit a group/community of students at McGill. (This award is not intended for individual professional development. This award is not intended to fund student attendance or participation in non-McGill events).
- Project must benefit and be accessible to McGill graduate students.
- Projects should align with at least one of the themes that make up the Individual Development Framework.
- Preference will be given to interdepartmental projects.
- Projects must be completed by April 15th, 2024.
Fill out the application form and upload a PDF of your budget
Download a copy of the evaluation rubric 2023_student_engagement_fund_evaluation_rubric.pdf