A variety of federal, provincial and private agencies hold competitions for peer-reviewed studentships. The major ones have been listed below.
Here is a partial list of the various organizations and associations that may offer funding for graduate students. For additional information about the various options available to you please visit the organization's site by clicking the links below:
- Diabetes Canada
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) (CIHR Master's applications are submitted to the Division; please consult GPS website (see below)
- Cole Foundation (Cole Foundation Fellowship applications are submitted to the Faculty of Medicine)
- Fonds de recherche Québec - Santé (FQRS)
- Heart and Stroke Foundation
- Kidney Foundation of Canada
- NSERC (NSERC applications are submitted to the Division; please consult GPS website (see below)
- Canadian Cancer Society Research Institute
- Canadian Association for HIV Research
China Scholarship Council (CSC) Awards
In partnership with McGill University, the China Scholarship Council (CSC) offers scholarships to outstanding Chinese students who will pursue doctoral or postdoctoral studies at McGill. For doctoral students selected by the CSC, McGill undertakes to cover the cost of tuition while the CSC will provide the student with a stipend sufficient to cover living expenses, return airfare and visa application fees. For further information, please click here
VERY IMPORTANT: For those students wishing to apply for a CSC award, note that their application to Experimental Medicine must be completed by December 31st, as they must be recommended for admission by the middle of the month of January preceding their entry into our graduate program.
Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies: