Teaching Assistant Positions

To be eligible for a Teaching Assistant position you must be registered at McGill University as a Graduate Student in the term to which you are applying.

All Teaching Assistant postings and application instructions are on the McGill Workday website.  

As a McGill student not currently employed at McGill University, you will be directed to create a Workday account. Please use a personal email (not a McGill email such as @mail.mcgill.ca or a @mcgill.ca) to create this account for the first time. 

Candidates who are current McGill employees receiving a salary (not a graduate student stipend) will be routed to apply through their already active Workday account. 

If you are accepted for a TA position, you must complete the AGSEM Membership Form every time you start a new contract and email to mail [at] agsem-aeedem.ca


Important Note: International Students   International students must have a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number to apply for a position as teaching assistant (or other employment on campus).  To apply for a Social Insurance Number, you will need to present your Visa/Study Permit and a McGill Employment Contract at Service Canada Centre. 

The Centre nearest McGill’s downtown campus is:

Montréal (Downtown) Service Canada Centre
Guy-Favreau Complex, Suite 034
200 René-Lévesque Blvd West
Montreal, Quebec
Tel: 514-522-4444

Back to top