- Forthcoming publications
- Journal articles
- Articles/chapters in books and monographs
- Working papers
- Other papers and publications
- Conference proceedings
- "A Case Against Muddling Through: Lorie Tarshis and the International Debt Problem" in Hamouda, O. and B.P. Price, (eds.).Keynesianism in America, London: Edward Elgar. Forthcoming.
- "Assessing the Impact of Tobacco Tax Cuts on Cigarette Smoking Behavior in Canada", joint with V. Hamilton, C. Levington, and Y. St.-Pierre. Canadian Medical Association Journal, (January 1997) 156(2): 187-91.
- "Cutting Tobacco Taxes, Endangering Youth: a response to N. Birkett," (joint with V. Hamilton, C. Levington, and Y. St.-Pierre).Canadian Medical Association Journal, (May 1997) 156(10): 1377.
- "Household Consumption Smoothing through Ethnicities: Evidence from Côte d'Ivoire" Journal of Development Economics, 1997. Vol. 53, 391-422.
- "Smoking and Low-Income Canadians" (joint with V. Hamilton, C. Levington, and Y. St.-Pierre). Policy Options, Vol. 18 No.5, pp.16-19. 1997.
- "Does the Poor's Consumption of Calories Respond to Changes in Income? Evidence from Pakistan", Pakistan Development Review,(Autumn 1996). Vol. 35 No. 3 pp. 257-283.
Articles/chapters in books and monographs
- "Demand Analysis and Tax Reform in Pakistan" (joint with A.S. Deaton), The World Bank Living Standards and Measurement Survey Working Paper. No. 85 Washington, D.C. : The World Bank, 1992. ISBN 0821320599.
- "Trade and Transmission of Growth between Leaders and Followers: A Spatial Dependence Analysis," (joint with J. Leonard). February 1998.
- "Small Household Economies and the Microfoundations of Land Use and Cover Change (LUCC) in Amazonia: The Case of Secondary Forest Fallow Dynamics in Market-oriented Agroforestry Systems," March 1998. (joint with O. Coomes.)
- "Inequality and Social Welfare in Canada" (joint with V. Hamilton, C. Levington, and Y. St.-Pierre) August 1997.
Other papers and publications
- "Farm Level Determinants of Agroforestry Investments in Developing Countries: Evidence from Pakistan", (joint with N. Ilahi and S. Rogers) Februrary 1998.
- "Estimating the Elderly's Returns on the Farm: Evidence from Côte d'Ivoire", (joint with B. Hamilton), March 1997.
- "Public Infrastructure and Private Costs: Water Supply and Time Allocation of Women in Rural Pakistan"(joint with N. Ilahi). October 1997.
- "Rural Labor Markets, Household Composition and Rainfall: Testing for Separation in Agricultural Households from Low-Income Countries", August 1997.
- "Will One More Rupee Make a Difference? What Policy Analysts Should Know about Malnutriton and Poverty in Pakistan" in Proceedings of the International Conference on Business and Management. Lahore Pakistan. (1997)