Dr. Firoozeh Samim
Assistant Professor (EDI Committee Chair)
Dr. Samim is a Canadian and American Board Certified specialist in Oral Medicine & Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
Dr. Samim is a Canadian and American Board Certified specialist in Oral Medicine & Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology. She received her DMD from Shiraz University of Medical Science in Iran and went on to complete the Oral Medicine & Oral Pathology residency program at UBC. She also completed her MSc in Craniofacial focusing on the oral health of the vulnerable population and children attending inner-city schools.
Dr. Anita Brown-Johnson
Assistant Professor (EDI Committee Co-Chair)
Anita Brown-Johnson, Chief of Family Medicine at the MUHC
Anita Brown-Johnson was Chief of Family Medicine at the MUHC in 2021, following seven years as Associate Chief. As a Member of the Board of Directors of the MUHC, Dr. Brown-Johnson shares her vast experience in quality assurance, accreditation, ethics, education and collaborative care for patients with complex care needs throughout the continuum to help optimize access to care.
Dentistry Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee
The Faculty of Dentistry Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee was formed in September of 2020 to lead and support initiatives aimed at creating an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful culture within the Faculty.
- Firoozeh Samim, EDI Committee Chair (Assistant Professor)
- Anita Brown-Johnson, EDI Committee Co-Chair (Assistant Professor, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences)
- Dr. Elham Emami (Dean)
- Dr. Christophe Bedos (Associate Professor)
- Ms. Crystal Noronha (Graduate Studies Officer)
- Ms. Marie-Claude Loignon (Admissions and Recruitment Officer)
- Zainab Abdulhusein (DMD 1 student, Dental Student Society Equity Committee Chair)
- Dipo Ajayi (PhD Candidate)
- Thien Vuong (DMD 4 student)
- Kimia Rohani (MSc student)
- Sabrina Bouferguene (DMD 2 student)
- Fares Yaziji (DMD 2 student, McGill Dental Inclusion Program)
- Yasmine Chibane (DMD 2 student)
- Sarah Jane Martinez (Executive Assistant to the Dean)
Black Graduate Student Affairs Liaison
The Black Student Affairs Liaison position was created pursuant to the University’s Action Plan to Address Anti-Black Racism.
In this role, Antoine-Samuel Mauffette Alavo will be responsible for connecting with and supporting Black graduate students across McGill to ensure that their needs and interests are communicated effectively to the University and addressed in a timely and effective manner.
As part of his role, Antoine-Samuel can refer individuals to resources aimed at supporting Black students and ensuring their success and wellness. Graduate students can book one-on-one appointments with him via email (antoine-samuel.mauffettealavo [at] mcgill.ca).
To learn more about the position, to learn more about the Black Graduate Student Network Spaces, and receive targeted communications, we invite members of the Black graduate community to fill out this short webform.