On June 12th 2018, the RSBO network held an inspiring annual research day featuring nearly 150 participants at the New Residence Hall. 50 posters and 34 short talks on public health, technological development and basic research were presented as well as three booths from its industrial partners.
Congratulations to our 2018-2019 awardees:
- Dr. Marc McKee (CP Leblond Award)
- Dr. Daniel Grenier (Micheline Blain Award)
- Felicia Lazure (Best oral presentation)
- Daniel Bisson (Best poster, basic research)
- Marianne Comeau-Gauthier (Best poster, technological development)
- Faez Saleh Al-Hamed (Best poster, public health)
The event ended with a friendly soccer game with members from the Faculties of Dentistry within our tri-institutional triangle (McGill, U de M, Laval) as well as members from the Shriners, Ste-Justine, the RI-MUHC and partners. Undergrads, grads students, postdocs, clinicians, patients and professors mingled together and played to celebrate a whole day of scientific exchanges. This sports event illustrates the importance of partnerships in oral and bone health research. We hope that it will encourage members of our Faculty and experts in diverse fields to develop multi-sectorial collaborations.