The Faculty of Dentistry Research Day provides an excellent opportunity for graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, research assistants, research associates and residents to showcase their research work in academic posters and oral presentations.
On April 12, students presented their research in the form of presentations and posters in the McGill Faculty Club for the 14th annual research day. Over 50 oral and poster covered the wide gamut of research interests included in the Faculty's four research clusters.
As keynote speaker, Dr. Maria Ryan (President of the American Association for Dental Research and Chief Dental Office/Vice President, Colgate Palmolive) presented on the importance of translational research and career opportunities.
For the full list of presentations and posters from the Research Day, consult the event program.
Keynote speaker Dr. Maria Ryan
Congratulations to all this year’s winners, listed below:
1. Andre Charbonneau, "Human cell Culture in Egg yolk Plasma, Media, NaOH and Egg White Combinations for Salivary Gland Tissue Engineering"
2. Lucas Topham, "Bioinformatic Analysis of Mouse PFC DNA Methylation in Response to Acute, Sub-Chronic and Chronic Neuropathic Pain"
3. Madhura Tandale, "We are what we are: Religious Discrimination and Oral Health of the Muslim Community in Quebec"
Graduate Poster Presentations
1. Yara Oweis, "Surface Modification of CoCr Alloys by Electrochemical Reduction of Diazonium Salts"
2. Celine Agnes, "Co-Culture of Osteoblasts and Endothelial Cells in a Chitosan/ GDP Scaffold to Improve Angiogenesis and Osteogenesis for the Treatment of Critical Size Bone Defects"
3. Manuella Widjaja & Rachel Szwimer, "Resilience in Adolescent Chronic Pain: An Exploration of Resilience Resources, Coping Mechanisms, and Protective Psychological Factors"
Summer Research Poster Presentations
1. (Hinman Award) Antonela Badan, "A New Approach to the Treatment of Dental Caries Using Nano Silver Fluoride"
2. Jeremy Sananes, "Synergistic Interactions between Stress Induction and Temporomandibular Joint Disorders in Mice"
GPR Poster Presentations
Laurie St-Pierre & Louis Dionne-Berlinguette, "Provision of Sedation for Dental Care in Canadian Pediatric Hospitals"
Knowledge Translation Award
Manuella Widjaja & Rachel Szwimer, "Resilience in Adolescent Chronic Pain: An Exploration of Resilience Resources, Coping Mechanisms, and Protective Psychological Factors"