To encourage the participation of graduate students and post-doctoral fellows in national and international conferences, as well as at workshops and courses deemed necessary to advance their training, the CRRD offers travel stipends to a maximum of $500. For the 2019-2020 fiscal year we are also accepting applications from Research Associates and Research Assistants.
- Applicants must be working under the primary or co-supervision of a faculty member of the CRRD.
- Applicants must be presenting at the meeting (poster or talk), or
- Applicants must give justification for how participating in the the course or workshop will enhance their scholarship.
There are no application deadlines for these awards. Rather, trainees can apply for travel support once their submitted abstract (for poster or oral presentation) is accepted, or when they are accepted/registered for a course or workshop. In an effort to spread the funds among the membership, there is a limit of one travel award per person/per fiscal year (May 1, 2019 – April 30, 2020), maximum two awards per lab/per fiscal year. Applicants and their lab supervisors will be notified of the final decision.
- Trainees are solely responsible for collecting and providing all appropriate travel documentation, receipts, and proof of payment.
Trainees must complete their own Travel Expense Report on Minerva within thirty days of the trip.
- Trainees are strongly advised to review the expense report submission guidelines in advance of their trip.
Travel grant stipends are paid out as reimbursements, not as cash awards. Advances can be requested under specific conditions, but the trainee must still submit a full Travel Expense Report afterwards. Stipend can only be used to cover travel-related expenses, and those specific expenses cannot be claimed twice from other sources of funding. Individuals paid through the RI-MUHC or other institutions should notify the CRRD administrator to arrange the reimbursement. Support can not be given for travel to RQR symposium or workshops, though the RQR does offer it's own travel grants .
2018-19 Travel Grant Winners
|LAB||GRANT RECIPIENTS||LAB||GRANT RECIPIENTS|
Mariana Priotto de Macedo
Juliana Germano Ferst*
|Slim||Ngoc Minh Phuong Nguyen|
Sofia Granados Aparici
|Laurie Pinel||Jerome-Majewska||Sabrina Shameen Alam
|FitzHarris||Adelaide Allais||Trasler||Marie-Charlotte Dumargne
|Hales||Eileen Yan||Weiler||Zahra Farahnak
* = special consideration based on unclaimed funds at the close of the fiscal year