Want to develop leadership, communication, public speaking and interpersonal skills? Looking for a meaningful and challenging volunteer opportunity? Excited about the possibility of connecting with various students, staff and faculty across the university?
If so you should join CLP for the upcoming academic year!
CLP is designed to provide positive and professional career-related assistance to undergraduate and graduate students, as well as raise awareness of the services offered by CaPS.
The Role of the Career Leaders
Career Leaders are a vital link between all McGill students and CaPS. They are involved in various activities such as – workshop development and facilitation, CV and LinkedIn review sessions as well as outreach & liaising with various student groups, departments and faculties across campus.
We recommend that all Career Leaders volunteer a minimum of two hours per week if possible. Students who wish to dedicate more time, and have more responsibility while honing leadership, organization and decision making skills, should consider applying to one of the three core positions (CLP Coordinator/CLP Outreach Crew Captain/CLP Career Advising Crew Captain).
Core CLP Positions:
- CLP Coordinator (paid)
- CLP Outreach Crew Captain (volunteer)
- CLP Career Advising Crew Captain (volunteer)
- CLP Outreach Crew (volunteer)
Class/residence announcements, info sessions, C-Lounge, tabling at events, liaising with student clubs and associations
- CLP Career Advising Crew (volunteer)
CV reviews, LinkedIn reviews, facilitating workshops and info sessions
Benefits of Being a Career Leader
There are several benefits in becoming a Career Leader. You can:
- Develop/hone your leadership, organization, communication, interpersonal, public speaking, decision making and creativity skills
- Make valuable connections across campus
- Learn everything you need to know about career exploration and job search
- Be personally connected to a team of experts
- Learn about the world of work
- Network and be on the cutting edge of the job search
- Impress employers with your expert knowledge and experience
How to Contact Us
If you are interested in volunteering for CaPS, please fill out the following application form or drop by the CaPS office in the Brown Building for more information.
Application Form: Recruitment period for Fall 2018 will open soon.
For more information, contact Melanie Walkty
Tel: 514-398-3304 x 0768
Email: melanie.walkty [at] mcgill.ca