Want to develop leadership, communication, public speaking and interpersonal skills? Looking for a meaningful and challenging volunteer opportunity? Excited about the possibility of connecting with various students, staff and faculty across the university?
If so you should join CLP for the upcoming academic year!
CLP is designed to provide positive and professional career-related assistance to undergraduate and graduate students, as well as raise awareness of the services offered by CaPS.
The Role of the Career Leaders
Career Leaders are a vital link between all McGill students and CaPS. They are involved in various activities such as - CV review sessions, workshop development and facilitation, as well as outreach & liaising with various student groups, departments and faculties across campus. Career Leaders volunteer approximately 11 hours per month. The service hours are tracked through myInvolvement and the volunteer experience appears on the Co-Curricular Record.
Benefits of Being a Career Leader
There are several benefits in becoming a Career Leader. You can:
- Develop/hone your leadership, organization, communication, interpersonal, public speaking, decision making and creativity skills
- Make valuable connections across campus
- Learn everything you need to know about career exploration and job search
- Be personally connected to a team of experts
- Learn about the world of work
- Network and be on the cutting edge of the job search
- Impress employers with your expert knowledge and experience
How to Contact Us
The 2020-2021 CLP applications have been suspended for an indefinite period of time. Thank you for your understanding and patience.