In Collaboration with Alumni, CaPS, SSMU & PGSS:
Interested in exploring career opportunities within the federal government? Please join us for our 6th annual federal government career tour, where you will have the opportunity to hear about career paths in the public sector, and network with hiring managers. This will be an exclusive opportunity to network with government officials. Special emphasis will be placed on public service renewal and the programs geared towards student employment. To be eligible to participate you must be a current PGSS or SSMU student.
Note that a maximum of 40 seats are available (20 undergraduate students and 20 graduate students).
|Dates||Wednesday, January 23rd - Friday, January 25th, 2019|
|Lodging||Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa|
|Departure||From Thomson House Wednesday, January 23rd at 6:30 pm|
|Return||To Montreal, Friday, January 25th at approximately at 8:00 pm|
Schedule of meetings with Federal Government Departments providing an overview of their programs and policies (subject to change)
- Thursday, January 24th (9am - 12pm): Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Thursday, January 24th (1pm - 4pm): Global Affairs Canada
- Thursday, January 24th (6:30pm): Networking cocktail event with McGill Alumni
- Friday, January 25th (9am - 12pm): Transport Canada
- Friday, January 25th (1pm - 4pm): Health Canada
Your trip includes
- 2 nights at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa (crowneplaza.com/gatineauottawa), all meeting arrangements and transportation by deluxe coach bus. All taxes included.
- Meetings with Federal government departments providing an overview of their programs and policies.
- Networking cocktail event with McGill Alumni at the Crowne Plaza
- A logistics info session date/time TBA at Thomson House
- An exclusive CV & Networking workshop delivered by CaPS from date/time TBA at Thomson House
- A follow-up workshop delivered by CaPS from date/time TBA at Thomson House.
- January 4 (evening) : room 404, 5:00pm
- CV/Networking, Monday January : room 404, 5:00pm
- Follow-up Meeting February 7th: room 405 5:00pm
**You are responsible for finding other people to share your room. PGSS can help, but we are not responsible if you are unable to fill your room; you will have to pay the full price.
You have the option of paying just for the bus and event, while finding accommodation with family/friends in Ottawa.**
Space limited, register early!!
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner not included.
Please note: For double occupancy, there are 2 queen size beds in the room
For more information contact: info.pgss [at] mail.mcgill.ca
For the "cash or cheque in person" payment is due before December 19th, 2018, 5:00pm. Registration for hotel rooms closes December 19th, 2018.
Please note that there is no option without the transportation cost included to ensure the bus cost is accessible, if you choose to meet the group in Ottawa please let us know, you will still need to pay your portion.