Tax Deductions

Income Tax Regulations may allow for a tax deduction for certain relocation expenses that are not reimbursed by the University, however only expenses for moving from one location to another in Canada are deductible, unless the expenses were incurred by a Canadian citizen while living outside Canada temporarily.

Consult the Canada Revenue Agency and Revenue Quebec for more information regarding relocation expenses and income tax deductions.

Back to top