Make an appointment by phone or email to:
- Have a candid conversation about your career ideas/concerns
- Learn about resources and ideas both inside and outside the music industry
- Have your CV, bio or other promo materials reviewed
- Discuss job search strategies, grad school applications and more!
Keep an eye out for:
- “What’s Next?!” A regular column in the Phonograph, exploring the career paths of recent Schulich graduates.
- Music Career Events: Each year CaPS organizes career-related events specifically for music students, such as workshops on time management, professional presentation, networking events, grants panels and more.
Fall 2014 workshops: Click here for PDF version
Resources you can start using include:
- The CaPS website http://www.mcgill.ca/caps/students
- Bridge Worldwide Music Connection: Bridge Worldwide Music Connection: https://www.myinterfase.com/nec/student/. Maintained by the New England Conservatory, this database provides access to over 2,800 opportunities in music and arts administration. New listings for auditions, teaching jobs, grants, festivals and competitions are posted every day…and McGill CaPS has a subscription! (email Jan for the login information)
- Music job and internship opportunities are also posted on myFuture: https://csm-caps.mcgill.ca/students/index.php