Location: Martin Theatre – McIntyre Bldg
This event will present a snap shot of possible career paths in Physiology. Find out from our guest speakers how key career decisions were made, how they got their foot in the door, and the challenges they may have encountered along the way.
6:30-6:40 Welcome and Overview of the Evening – Claire Brown
6:40-7:00 Career Overview and Advice: Sheldon Magder
- Professor, Department of Medicine, Department of Physiology, McGill University Senior Physician, Division of Cardiology & Division of Intensive Care, RVH
7:00-7:45 Early Career Panel Discussion – Moderator: Claire Brown
- Judith Mandl, Assistant Professor, Department of Physiology, McGill University
- Mark Aurousseau, Post Doctoral Fellow, Department of Pharmacology, McGill University, Co-founder eNuvio Inc.
- Vanessa Vaccaro, Speech-Language Pathologist
7:45-7:50 CAPS Presentation
7:50-8:15 Refreshments – Networking – CAPS Table
8:15-9:00 Career Panel Discussion – Moderator: John White
- Sheldon Magder, Professor, Department of Medicine, Department of Physiology, McGill University , Senior Physician, Division of Cardiology & Division of Intensive Care, RVH
- David Secko, Chair of the Department of Journalism, Associate Professor, Concordia University
- Kelly A. Pike, Senior Scientist II, Inception Sciences Canada
By attending these sessions, students will be able to:
1) Understand how a Physiology degree equips them with career-related skills
2) Identify potential industries and roles for further exploration
3) Understand the connection between transferable skills and employability
Registration required on myFuture, keyword search "Physiology Careers"