Facultad de Salud Publica y Administracion
Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia
Av. Honorio Delgado 430. Urb Ingenieria. SMP
Tel: (511) 319-0000 ext. 2533
Mobile: (511) 995086316
Fax: (511) 381-9072
inesb [at] upch.edu.pe (Email)
The Peruvian team is led by Ines Bustamante, psychologist (Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú), who holds a Master in Public Health (Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Peru), a Master in Health Sciences (Johns Hopkins University, USA), and is currently a doctoral candidate (Ph.D) at the JHU Mental Health Department. Ms. Bustamante is an Associate Professor at Facultad de Salud Publica y Administración (FASPA), Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, and Director of the Adolescent Health Research Unit and of the Master of Public Health degree program at the same School. She has carried out multi-site research projects involving several Latin American countries and interventions for the prevention of STI/HIV and AIDS, drug use and pregnancy at local and national levels in collaboration with the Peruvian Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health. In addition, Ms Bustamante has experience on developing training modules for promotion of healthy life-styles in urban and rural settings. Ms. Bustamante is currently Team leader and Co-Principal Investigator of the TGH program, in collaboration with other team members.
Marina Piazza, Professor at the Facultad de Salud Publica y Administración(FASPA), Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia. She is currently working on alcohol and substance abuse, and validation of research tools.
Darsy Calderon, a health education specialist based at the Ministry of Education, Office of Tutorship and Prevention (OTUPI) plays a leading role in the development and implementation of school-based interventions aimed at child and adolescent health promotion and disease prevention.
Other key members of the Peruvian team are: Gloria Cueva, from the Hospital Hermilio Valdizán; Luis Matos and Maria Mendoza, itinerant teams, from the Instituto Especializado en Salud Mental: Honorio Delgado- Hideyo Noguchi. These multi-professional itinerant teams periodically visit the areas of the central and northern Peruvian sierra, most affected by political violence and terror in the last two decades.
Myriam Rivera, psychologist, currently working as advisor in Community Mental Health and Health Promotion at AMARES-MINSA.
- Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia (UPCH), Facultad de Salud Publica y Administración (FASPA). UPCH is a private university founded in 1961, based in Lima;
- b) FASPA/UPCH: The FASPA has a broad range of experiences in developing participatory programs in public health with local communities (urban poor) in northern Lima and other regions of the country. From 1998 to 2003, the UPCH established a partnership with the Douglas Hospital Research Centre/McGill University (D. Pedersen) to develop an inter-disciplinary and collaborative program of human resources development, advanced training, applied studies and community-based mental health services, focusing on priority mental health issues. This collaboration led to “Mental health and human development” project and to the creation of the Master's degree program in Mental health of populations. See MHHD website;
- Hospital Hermilio Valdizán;
- Instituto Especializado en Salud Mental: Honorio Delgado–Hideyo Noguchi;
- Ministry of Education, Office of Tutorship and Prevention (OTUPI);