Step 1: Choose your path
Summer Academy offers two academic streams:
1. Pathways to Neuro and Health Sciences
2. Perspectives on World Politics: International Law, Development, and Organizations
Once you have decided which of the two streams is best aligned with your academic interests, you’ll need to choose which dates work best for you. Interested in applying to more than one stream or session? You’ll get to rank your choices in the application!
- Session 1 (In-Person) July 2 to July 15, 2023
- Session 2 (In-Person) July 16 to July 29, 2023
Step 2: Gather your documents
Academic transcripts (Report cards)
You must upload the following academic documents with your application:
1. Your most recent transcript (academic year 2022-2023)
2. Final transcript for the previous academic year (2021-2022)
We do not require official transcripts. Unofficial copies must be uploaded via the applicant portal.
If you are unable to obtain an unofficial copy of your transcript, please arrange to have an official copy sent from your school. It should be sent via futurestudents [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Summer%20Academy%20Academic%20Transcripts) (email) by a school official.
Consent of a Person Having Parental Authority
Parental consent is a requirement for participation in Summer Academy. Your parent/legal guardian must carefully review and complete the Consent Form. You will be able to access the form from within the application. Once it is signed, you must upload the form to the applicant portal along with your other supporting documents.
If eligible to apply for a Scholarship, you will be required to nominate a referee. McGill will contact the referee directly. They will be asked to provide information to support your application. Your referee can be a school counselor, an advisor, a teacher, or any other member of your school’s staff.
Step 3: Getting to know you
As part of the application process, you will be asked to write about yourself, your academic interests and extracurricular activities. Take some time to reflect upon this prior to beginning your application.
Step 4: Submit your application
Important note: Have a credit card handy when you submit your application!
The applicant portal will remain open until 08:00 pm EST on March 14, 2023.
Once you have begun your application, you can log out at any time and your application data will be saved. To return to your application, simply re-enter your Login ID and PIN.
Please be aware that once the application closes on March 14, it will no longer be possible to access the application form. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Step 5: Upload your documents
All documents must be uploaded via the applicant portal.
- Your full name must appear on all uploaded documents.
- Ensure that all critical and identifying marks and information are legible. For transcripts, these include the institution’s name and grading scheme, your name, the course titles, and the grades you have received.
- Scan your document in black and white.
- Ensure that the scanned document orientation matches the original. For example, transcripts that are printed vertically (portrait) should be scanned so that they appear in the portrait format. Transcripts printed horizontally (landscape) should appear in landscape format.
- Scanning at a resolution of 300 DPI is recommended.
- Documents must be in PDF format, without a digital signature or password protection.
- Do not upload all your supporting documents as one file. Create one file per checklist item per submission. The checklist requirement selected for upload must match the document uploaded. If each checklist requirement does not have a matching document, your application will remain incomplete.
- Documents with more than one page: When your document has more than one page, please ensure that all pages of the document are in the correct order.
Step 6: Verify your admissions decision
You will be notified by email when a decision is ready to be viewed in the applicant portal.
Admissions decisions will be released no later than March 21, 2023.
Step 7: Confirm your participation
If admitted to Summer Academy, a non-refundable deposit is required to secure a place in the program.
The deposit is due April 4, 2023.