Resolving Disputes

When you have a problem or dispute, the first step is generally to contact your academic advisor or your faculty's associate dean. If they're unable to help, the Office of the Dean of Students is your next stop. The Office of the Ombudsperson also provides unbiased dispute resolution services. When — and only when — you've exhausted those options, you may want to consider filing a grievance.

Filing a Grievance

Please note that this website is intended as an informal, unofficial guide to students' rights and responsibilities. The Handbook on Student Rights and Responsibilities is the only official source on this subject.

Back to top