The Department of Sociology at McGill University is recognized as an exceptional place for learning and research:
- We are consistently ranked among the top sociology departments in the world.
- McGill University consistently ranks among the best universities in the world.
- Montreal has been recognized as one of the best cities in the world for students.
- We offer Bachelor’s, Master’s and Ph.D. programs, focusing on state-of-the-art methods and research training, and provide our students with opportunities to take small, research-intensive seminars, pursue individual projects, and work closely with professors.
- Our faculty includes award-winning researchers and instructors with a strong international focus.
- While our faculty holds expertise on a wide variety of issues and subjects, our department has three broad areas of specialization:
- Comparative Political Sociology and Development
- Diversity and Inequalities
- Population and Health