Science at McGill
Science is for you! But where can you study science at McGill? This page shows you which Schools and Departments offer undergraduate programs in science. Here you will find links to more information about each academic unit and its programs of study.
When you apply for B.Sc. programs in the Faculty of Science, you choose a group. If you are admitted to that group you will be able to register for any major within that group only. The departments or programs listed below are grouped into the following admission groups:
- Physical, Earth, Math & Computer Science
- Biological, Biomedical & Life Sciences
Physical, Earth, Math & Computer Science
Earth and environmental sciences
- Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (including Meteorology)
- Earth and Planetary Sciences (including Geology)
- Earth System Science (interdepartmental)
- Geography (including Physical Geography)
Math and computational science
Biological, Biomedical & Life Sciences
Biological and life sciences
- Neuroscience (interdepartmental)
Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Social sciences (in the Faculty of Arts)
- Environment (see also the Faculty of Science, the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Geography (Human Geography)
- Political science
- Psychology (see also the Faculty of Science entry in the “Biological, Biomedical & Life Sciences” section)
Other life sciences (other Faculties and Schools)
Bachelor of Arts & Science (B.A. & Sc.)
The B.A. & Sc. degree, jointly offered through the Faculty of Arts and the Faculty of Science, is designed for students who have clearly-defined interests in both Arts and Science.
The B.A. & Sc. degree is the only degree at McGill that currently offers an interfaculty program in Cognitive Science. However, the Faculty of Science does offer a B.Sc. Minor in Cognitive Science which can be combined with other Science major areas such as Psychology or Computer Science.
The interfaculty program in Sustainability, Science and Society is also unique to the B.A. & Sc. degree.
- Science for Arts Students - minor program; also, individual courses of interest