Position Title: Data Analyst and Project Manager
Posting Period: April 21 to May 5, 2017
Term: up to 5 months, starting as soon as possible.
Job Description: Assist with project management and data cleaning and analysis of projects based in sub-Saharan Africa. Most of the work will focus on the impact of affordable and higher quality day care services on women’s employment and child health in a slum area of Nairobi, Kenya.
Responsibilities: Provide assistance with data analysis including data management, documentation, and coding as well as basic statistical analyses. Assist with project management including drafting reports, organizing and taking minutes for monthly conference calls, and coordinating research amongst team members. Ensuring data security and backup and preparing data for presentations and public release via the web. General assistance with administrative tasks of project management. Position will be held at McGill University.
- Ph.D. in sociology, economics, demography, or epidemiology with strong quantitative skills. Exceptional M.A. candidates will be considered (hired at the Research Assistant level).
- Strong project and data management skills Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work constructively in an international team of researchers.
- Extensive analytic and database skills including knowledge of a statistical software program, STATA is preferred.
- Previous experience working in developing country contexts is an asset
Work hours: 35 to 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Location: Life History, Health, and HIV/AIDS data lab. Peterson Hall, McGill University, Montreal, Canada.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and in compliance with AMURE regulations
Supervisor: Shelley Clark, Professor of Sociology and Director of the Centre on Population Dynamics, McGill University.
Interested applicants should contact Prof. Shelley Clark (shelley.clark [at] mcgill.ca) by e-mail