AMR Awareness Video Competition
In honour of World Antimicrobial Awareness Week (November 18-24 2021), the AntiMicrobial Resistance (AMR) Centre at McGill and the department of Microbiology and Immunology (MIMM) invited McGill undergraduate and graduate students and postgraduates to create a short video highlighting the causes and threats of AMR, and the actions citizens can take to tackle this problem.
7 videos have been submitted: watch them here.
There are 2 categories of winners:
- Panel vote: composed of 5 faculty members
- Popular vote: McGill community vote. We have received 85 votes to determine the popular vote-winning teams.
Popular Vote winners:
- 1st place: Antimicrobial Resistance in 3 minutes by Anthony Gagliano, Florencia Darino and Alex Lang
- 3rd place: Antimicrobial Resistance in Agriculture by Patricia Kamara, Sharvani Ram and Gabrielle Megan Hardi
Panel Vote winners:
- 1st place: AMR Awareness by Amy Dagenais
- 2nd place: Antimicrobial Resistance in 3 minutes by Anthony Gagliano, Florencia Darino and Alex Lang
- 3rd place: Episode IV: The Antimicrobial Resistance by Laurence Belanger
Congratulations to the winners and all participants.
To watch the AMR Gala recording which took place virtually on November 22 2021, click here.
Guidelines for video competition:
- 3-5 minutes long
- Individual or group submissions
- Use language and concepts that can be understood by the average citizen.
- Registration is required (as soon as possible) by filling out this online form.
- Please submit your videos by November 12th 11:59pm EST by uploading them to YouTube and sending the link to office.microimm [at] mcgill.ca. If it is not possible to upload the video to YouTube, please send the video directly to office.microimm [at] mcgill.ca via https://wetransfer.com/.
- All submitted videos will be posted on this MIMM AMR Video competition webpage on Nov 15th 2021 where they can be viewed by the public.
- Student voting: Students will have the opportunity to vote on their top 3 favourite video between Nov 15th and Nov 16th 2021. An AMR panel will also vote for the best videos.
- Best videos: Winners of the students' vote and AMR panel vote will be announced and their videos disseminated during the Antimicrobial Week (November 18th-24th) as well as presented at the McGill Bicentennial Infection & Immunity week during the AMR-Microbiome symposium on December 2 2021.
- For questions: please contact Eszter Farkas at eszter.farkas [at] mail.mcgill.ca.
- Prizes for Best AMR videos (student vote and AMR panel vote)!