Strathcona Building


Strathcona Anatomy and Dentistry Building. c 1911
Strathcona Anatomy and Dentistry Building. c 1911
 

The Medical Building (now called the Strathcona Anatomy and Dentistry Building), which was built to replace the fire-damaged medical building on the lower campus, opened its doors in 1909. The Museum occupied all three of its floors and was shaped like a cross whose open center was spanned by a beautiful stained-glass dome, allowing ample natural light. This central gallery was also used as an anatomy, and later, an ethnological museum.

New Medical Building. Architectural details of museum.
New Medical Building. Architectural details of museum.


Bottom floor of Medical Museum, Strathcona Medical Building. 1911. - McCord Museum
   
Specimens on display in Medical Museum, Strathcona Medical Building. 1911.

Links

McGill Campuses and Buildings

McCord Museum Image of Medical Museum in the Strathcona Building

McCord Museum Image of Medical Museum in the Strathcona Building

Back to top