Ph.D. University of Idaho
M.S. Portland State University
McConnell Engineering Building, Rm 211 Map
tim.lee [at] mcgill.ca (Email)
Primary Research Theme: Aerodynamics and Fluid Mechanics
Research Group/Lab : Aerodynamic
Unsteady experimental aerodynamics, wingtip vortex, dynamic-stall flow control, turbulence and transition control, particle image velocimetry and wind tunnel studies, low-speed aerodynamics.
Current Research Projects
- Dynamic-stall flow control
- Wingtip vortex measurement and its control
- Rotorcraft blade-vortex interaction and its control
- Flow over oscillating circular cylinder
Most Significant Publications
- Lee, T., and Su, Y.Y., (2012) "Low-Reynolds-number aerodynamic load determination via line integral of velocity obtained with particle image velocimetry," Experiments in Fluids, published online DOI: 10.1007/s00348-012-1353x.
- Lee, T., and Su, Y.Y., (2012) "Wingtip vortex control via the use of a reverse half-delta wing," Experiments in Fluids, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 1593-1609. DOI:10.1007/s00348-012-1274-8.
- Lee, T., (2011) "PIV study of the effect of perforated flaps on the trailing vortex wake," Experiments in Fluids, DOI:10.1007/s00348-010-0933-x; also, published in vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 351-361 (2011).
- Lee, T., and Pereira, J., (2010) "On the nature of wake- and jet-like axial tip-vortex flow," Journal of Aircraft, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 1946-1954.
MECH 331 Fluid Mechanics 1
MECH 494 Honours Design Project
MECH 499 Interdisc. Design Project 2
MECH 610 Fundamentals of Fluid Dynamics